From 3DGE Wiki
|Codebase||Linux Doom 1.10|
|Developer(s)||Chi Hoang, DOSDoom Team|
|License||Doom Source License, GPL|
- Contrary to popular belief, DOSDoom was the first port to feature 3D Floors, a staple that many other ports would soon follow.
- Chi Hoang released the initial version of DOSDoom on December 23, 1997, soon after the Doom source code came out. According to Hoang, "it took me 4-5 hours to port". Hoang left the port with 0.63.
- The final version of DOSDoom, 0.653, was released on April 10, 1999.
- Hi-Colour Mode
- Higher Resolutions (up to 1280x1024, compared to 320x200 in the original)
- 3 Levels of Translucency
- 180-degree turn
- user-definable gravity
- Controls Configurable in the Game
- 8-Player Support
- New gameplay options
- Radius Scripting for existing and new levels
- Music support for MP3, MOD and loads more
- CD Audio
- Overlap Map Function
- Rotate Map Function
The term "source port" originates from the DOSDoom release 0.2.
There is a campaign at Doomworld to retrieve the "lost" versions of DOSDoom, as only 3 versions (with 2 having their source released) exist.